How does beauty work with a sustainable lifestyle? Ask British-Swedish Antonia Simon-Stenberg: she knows. Antonia works every day to prove you can look good, guilt-free. Her job brings together two worlds she loves: serious science, and glamour at the forefront of the beauty scene. We were curious about Antonia’s beauty style, so we sat down for a chat.
Is there a link between beauty and sustainability?
– Absolutely! We’ve just developed a new sustainability strategy – the vision is creating makeup and beauty products responsibly. Our customer should be able to focus on her needs and not have to worry about the ingredients, regardless of whether she’s looking for the right moisturiser for her skin type or the latest lipstick shade.
Why did you make beauty your career?
– I like the glamour of it, combined with the serious, technical aspects.
Success came quickly for Antonia, although the road to a totally sustainable beauty brand is an ongoing journey. She’s particularly proud of one of Oriflame’s recent accomplishments:
– We recently launched the first global cosmetic range to receive accreditation from leading independent sustainability organisations. Inspiration from nature and respect for the environment are key to our product philosophy.
Describe your skin care regime!
– Flawless skin is my ultimate goal. As I’m getting closer to my 40s, a proper skincare routine that gives my skin lots of hydration is essential. My must-haves are a gentle cleanser, a hydrating day cream and a rich, nourishing night cream. I also regularly use a serum to improve skin tone and bring radiance back to the skin.
Despite her natural take on beauty, Antonia’s not interested in fitting into anyone else’s template when it comes to her choices – both personally and professionally.
– Working with environmental issues doesn’t mean you have to wear Birkenstocks, though women who can make jeans and a top look like couture can inspire me.
Antonia’s really looking forward to getting a peep at the new looks for spring – and so are we!